Well it’s time to pick up the oars once more and hit the water!
Rush Beach, 25th September 2021
The 2021 Lambay Rowing Challenge takes place on Saturday 25th September
Push yourself and your able crew to the limits on the Lambay Rowing Challenge 2021.
Considered one of the toughest open-sea rows in Europe. this is a demanding 19km sea row circumnavigating Lambay Island off the coast of North County Dublin, Ireland.
The 2021 Lambay Challenge will follow best practices and government guidelines around COVID-19 to ensure a safe environment for all our competitors.
Lambay Whiskey is proud sponsor of this year’s event and now in its 4th year, we are proud to be associated with such an amazing sport and event.
Cost of entry: €25 per crew member. Cox, if required, is free of charge.
This is an open-water rowing experience unlike any other!
A challenging, thrilling row on Ireland’s gorgeous east coast. From eight boats in its first year, t0 over 30 boats from Ireland, USA, UK, Netherlands, and Denmark in 2019, the team spirit has never been more focused to get back on the water this year !
Lambay Challenge 2021
- Given the extraordinary circumstances we find ourselves in, this year’s challenge will be limited to 13 boats only.
- To ensure we can welcome a range of participants, entries will be limited to a maximum of two boats per club. We ask all clubs to respect this limit in the interests of fair play and goodwill.
- Guidelines around spectator numbers and other attendees, both on and off the water, will be published closer to the day in line with public health guidelines.
- Given the current climate, we will sadly be unable to host a family fun day and BBQ as part of this year’s challenge.
- Never fear, our famous Lambay Raffle will still go ahead and tickets are now on sale here.
Single boats are accepted but experience is essential
As before Lambay Whiskey is delighted to support and be onboard offering sponsorship and hospitality on the day along with some great spot prizes for true #LambayLegends!
If weather conditions on the day are unfavourable to reach Lambay Island, an alternative route or date will be scheduled.
Post-event refreshments will take place in The Strand Bar Rush, where delicious Lambay Whiskey cocktails will be served!
Not for the faint of heart, the Lambay Challenge is at the heart of Fingal Rowing Club’s annual calendar of events. We look forward to seeing you on the day.
If you have questions or need more information, you can read more about the event here. Or feel free to contact us – we’d love to hear from you.